Tuesday, April 14, 2015

They Love Each Other

 We got to spend some time outside playing together.  Usually Hudson rides his bike and the others roller blade.
 Hudson looks so big on his bike now.  He has really learned so much so quickly.  When he first started riding the bike, we had to put him on it, get him started, going up slight inclines, and help him when he got stuck on uneven ground or a rock.  Now, he hops on and takes off...no help needed. Oh, and he has gotten fast!  (Hence the REALLY busted lip this week from a fall...his lip is doing better now, but still not 100%)  He will ride for hours if we let him :)
 He is such a big helper...sometimes more than we want him to be ;)  He is always wanting to help cook or learn how to do it.  He was just carrying on a conversation with his daddy learning exactly what to do next.  It was one of the cutest things ever, especially with those hands on his hips!
 I think I say this nearly every week, but this has got to be one of my favorites!  This is Lauren and her best friend from school (and little sister getting in on the hug).  Even after a full day at school together these two are always begging for more time.  Well, this hug was in response to the little girl's mom inviting Lauren over to their house for dinner and me saying yes.
 Of coarse, I had to get a picture of them leaving.
 Hudson loves taxis.  He was riding this little toy in the house when he told Katherine to get on that he was a taxi and could take her somewhere.  After she got off, he wanted to be paid :)  I am also amazed out how flexible kids can be...how does she sit on the back like that?
Regan is so good with her little brother.  He was learning how to use a nerd gun, but needed Regan's help to get it ready.  Never a dull moment around here for sure.
 Katherine has "moved out" of her old room.  She decided that she did not want to sleep with the girls anymore and has claimed the art/school room as her own.  I told her that if she kept it clean I would consider it.  She has been sleeping on the floor for 2 weeks now and loving it.  We are working on a plan to give her a better sleeping space, but she is enjoying having her own space for quiet.  She made it official when she asked if she could decorate "her" door.  :)  She has always loved bunnies!
 This is the only time that I have seen Hudson lay down and watch a movie.  I guess falling off the bike and have a pretty sore lip will do that for you.
 The kids had taekwondo again.  Hudson really wants to take it now.  We will see if they will let him next semester.
 Sometimes I just smile to see my kids walking down the street.  I guess we are a site...5 kids, 4 uniforms, and 4 umbrellas.  I was taking pictures, too ;)
Hudson helped his brother take down the party decorations.  They had a good time doing it.  I have never heard so much laughing.  Hudson is finally able to smile a little here (his lip was still a little swollen...3 days later...ouch)