Thursday, October 15, 2015

Motorcycle Mamaw :)

I think this has to be one of my favorite new pictures! :)  I think my favorite quote from the day was when the driver kept trying to give Mamaw her helmet (Katherine and I were already on another motorcycle taxi) so I told Mamaw to get the helmet and she says, "THAT is supposed to save me!?"  Well, I agree that the helmet would do no good.  They remind me of the baseball helmets that they used to serve ice-cream in at baseball games.
When they dropped us off at our apartment, I made the comment that it was very relaxing riding home on the motorcycle. Mamaw disagreed.  She says never again.  Papaw was impressed that we got her to ride, but your options at rush hour is either wait 40 minutes for a bus, walk, or motorcycle (most taxis are already taken).
Second quote of the week..."Don't call me Hudson. I'm Spiderman!"
Doing a little art with primary colors and straws.  They weren't sure this was considered art, but I assured them that it was and it was also fun.  :)
Oh, I just love this girl.  She may be shy, but she has always had a style of her own and doesn't care what others think about it!
Yes, she is wearing the bunny hat and "flying" a kite as she runs through our complex!
We still have Charlie, but the "baby" gets more pictures right now because she is growing so fast and so cute.
Hudson wanted to eat a fish sandwich like his big sister...he insisted on a picture to document the event.
We like to go on family bike rides from time to time.  Lauren has been struggling on most all of our trips, short and long, because her bike was too small.  Our favorite bike store had a new one that was her size this week (and for a good price) so she got a new one on our way out for a family ride.
I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made.  She was so much safer and had complete control of her bike.  I like to ride in the back to make sure everyone is safe and doing ok.  I did try to get some pictures of everyone riding through town, but it can be difficult because my big kids are faster than Lauren.
We literally went into all over town.

We stopped a couple of times for different reasons.  We stopped here because at this time of day there were no people here in this big open court.  Normally, there are tons of people dancing and playing here.  The kids thought it was fun to ride really fast in circles.
 WE stopped to play on all of the exercise equipment...
...they like to hang upside down

Near the end of our ride, we tried to get a family selfie onto of one of the bridges. I think Lauren was near the end of her limit by this point.  This was her first "real" big kid ride.  We rode 6+ miles this trip.
I think Hudson was the only kiddo not tired at the end since he just got to ride on the back :)  Lauren wanted to know if I had anything for her leg...apparently her muscles were tired, but she kept up and never complained.
Ok, I'm sorry. I just couldn't do it.  We were served this lovely dish when we were eating with friends this week. My kids wanted to know why people were eating bugs. Jonathan was brave and ate one, but I just smile and told them that I was "too scared" which got me out of it :)
Mamaw and Papaw came bearing gifts...Monopoly! A Sheddan Favorite!
A 5 hour game of Monopoly ensued...and true to history, Papaw came out the winner! :)  These kiddos are determined to one day beat their Papaw.  I was tired just watching.  That is some determination.  Haha!
Morning Bible time...I love this time for many reasons, but this picture sums it up well.
A little PE time to break up the school day...
Hudson and Lauren love to ride together.  Hudson likes to practice going fast and  Lauren has been practicing her turns.

I'm thankful for a big table that we can squeeze ten people around and for a large family to fill it up!
This was one morning before school started.  Regan is on the couch trying to get ahead with her work and Hudson, Katherine, and Lauren are playing cars on the table.
I wouldn't have been comfortable sitting in a chair like this, but she doe shed work so well when she squats in the chair...too funny! I guess it's a homeschool privilege.
We went out to eat and Hudson got two of his favorites in one dish...noodles and soup!  The soup was about the same size as he was.

I stole this picture off of Auntie Em's Facebook post....the kids love getting to see Auntie Em.  I think Hudson was a little disappointed it was no longer just him.  He had Emily to himself for at leaf 10 minutes and then he had to share :)