Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Nothing Earth Shattering

 I almost didn't post anything because all of my pics recently have been just our normal routine of homeschool and meeting new friends. So there is nothing earth shattering.  This was a picture during history class. In our study of Egypt, we studied about the Israelite slaves.
So, for a hands on example the kids made bricks just like the slaves did.  Katherine was mad at her clay because it didn't mix easily with the grass.  I think she was glad that she only had to spend 15 minutes making 1 brick instead of an entire day making thousands.
Regan had hers ready to bake in the sun.
We did squeeze in a Monopoly game...well, some of us.  I love the hand positions....it must be a family trait :)
OK, this is so I can say I have posted a pic of BOTH our kitties.  Poor Charlie...Gracie gets all the photo ops.
Katherine brought her skates with her so that she could have some skating fun while I was waiting for Lauren to get out of her dance class.
She made many new friends during that time and so I took all the kids back to the same area later and it was a good time meeting lots of new friends.
Regan wanted proof that she won the last game of Monopoly.
Hudson got to open an early birthday present. He is getting so excited...Actually, I should say he has been and still is so excited.
Lauren "mailed" this picture to Santa this week.
This was one of may favorite homeschool pics this week.  Hudson discovered the Fisher Price MP3 player that was Regan's when she was three.  It has preloaded kids songs and he loves it.  He was listening to music and practicing writing his letters while the older two in the back dis some of their work and the cats were both sleeping next to them.
We tried a new restaurant by our house with some of our friends.  It was good, but a little spicy.
I was particularly intrigued by the "hat" in the middle of the table.  They had a stone bowl in the middle that they dumped some kind of broth and fish in. They covered it with the had and then turned it on.  The steam went flying.  It didn't take long to cook at those temps.
Speaking of temperature, I know it's October and that means fall, but really?  It's still in the upper 80's with lows in the low 80's and people are already wearing two layers?  My kids and husband say that the boy has 3 layers on, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I was sweating just looking at him.
And because this is the way she rolls :)
Yes, Auntie Em, the Five Little Monkeys book that you gave us when we moved 5 years ago is still well loved and used often.  It is now Hudson's favorite book, too!
Look we we found! Capri-Sun!  There was a little stand set up outside Lauren's dance selling them by the box.  We bought one of the "normal" flavors we saw...pear!  The box of 6 was gone in a heartbeat!
This is the field that our kids made so many friends at.  I know it just looks like my kids at the moment, but it fills up quickly!  I was especially glad that Benjamin found a little friend and had such a good time.