Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hawaii

Katherine is my little monkey. She is always climbing doors, walls, and trees.  I didn't realize how much she has grown until I saw her in this picture...she looks like she takes up the whole thing :)  She was waiting to the rest of us to "line up" at the door to go out.
We all finally got out the door and were waiting on the bus.  This little guy was just too cute and contemplative to not take his picture.  And yes, Katherine had on shorts and a skirt with flip flops and Hudson is wearing jeans, 2 shirts, and a jacket.  WHY?? Because we have been told the weather is changing and it's cold outside...we now have highs of 82 and lows of 75.
So where were we going? Mamaw and Papaw had 1 day and so we made a trip to Hawaii.  No, not THAT one ( I wish!) the one in our city.  Hawaii is the only place that keeps their pools open all year round.  We have only gone a couple of times with friends, but it is fun to go sometimes.  It's not a regular pool.  They are filled with all kinds of jets and they also have some REALLY HOT ones too.
I love that she still holds Papaw's hand.  I hope she never looses that!
Saw this little restaurant the other day.  I was thinking, "Hey! You can get chickens from around the world! We should try it!" Then I noticed none of the chickens were from the USA. On closer inspection, I realized that this place only sold "gourmet doves" Hmmm. Guess that explains why I didn't see one from the States ;)
Hudson got some trucks/cars for his birthday.  It doesn't matter the age difference. Boys can always play cars together.
Example #2...my little monkey in a tree.  Regan came to find me because Katherine didn't want to come down from the tree until she had it documented on film :)
meat and potatoes...her favorite.  She decided that she really liked her Daddy's homemade french fries and made little pictures on her plate with them as she ate them.
Hudson and Regan's knew favorite game.  Well, I should probably say Hudson's knew favorite game...squeezing cheeks.  Regan loves him so much.  She wouldn't let anyone else do this to her :)
Hudson with shopping with all of his birthday money that he got from different people.  He has known all along what he wanted to buy with it...a car that he can drive.  He was so excited and proud.  After he bought the blue Jeep, the saleslady insisted that we try it out in the store to make sure it worked ok.  I'm glad she did because 4 workers and 2 Jeeps later, I decided that if they were having that much trouble with it that a 6 year old needs to pick out a different one.  SO he went back over to the toy section and traded it out for a red Avengers one.
He was so proud of it that he carried all the way through the store like this.
Once outside, he wanted a picture with his siblings :)
On the way home we passed by a tea/herb store.  I guess  you can buy this little croc if you want to...looks a little scary to me :)
When you live in a big city and don't have any good beaches anywhere, then you bring the beach home to you.  He enjoyed playing with the "magic sand" that he got for his birthday.  It really is neat, wet sand that never gets dry.  All the kids have been building mini sand castles in it actually and the sand stays fairly contained to the blow-up container. (Love the face by the way...one of my favorite expressions he does)
We had some happy, excited kiddos who received a package in the mail....Cheetoes! and many other little goodies :)
Story Time
Haha! Grilled cheese and Cheetoes....dinner of champions :)