Monday, November 2, 2015

A Big Weekend of Firsts


Mamaw and Papaw arrived on Halloween and wanted to eat some "western" food. So, we piled into two taxis and ate at Burger King.  All of the kids got to eat with their little crowns.
 The boys got a much needed haircut...and had a blast while getting their hair washed.
 This has to be the cutest little bunny rabbit ever!  The kids get so excited over our newest tradition of  dressing up and knocking on the bedroom doors for candy.  This year I found 5 little buckets at a market for their candy to go in.  They were so excited about it. Katherine made her own costume (all her idea).
 Any guess as to who Jonathan is? Yes, he is Baymax from Big Hero 6.  He decided to dress like him since some of his kindergarteners that he teaches thought that is who he was after the movie came out. haha!
 Group photo...Katherine the bunny, Regan the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Lauren the "Queen of Everything" (she gave herself that title), Jonathan is Baymax, Hudson is Spider-man Jr., Benjamin is Spider-man Sr. and Mommy a cat.
 My workspace....my bed covered with towels (because our room has the A/C and it's the only place I know he cake will not melt while I am working on it...plus, I can lock my door to keep little curious eyes from seeing before the big day)
Well, this was the finished product.  As with all my cakes, it ended up different than how it was in my head, but I was pleased.  When I brought it out and I heard him say, "a car!" I was a happy camper.  My job is done if they can tell what it was supposed to be :)
 Every car needs a license plate and why not have it personalized :)
 These were the napkins he chose (hence the inspiration for a car cake)  All he told me was that he wanted a blue cake.
 Some friends that morning got Hudson TWO cakes.
Here's the whole crew.


 This girl was enjoying her papaw!
 Hudson was just waiting to open all of his presents.  He was so worried that someone might try to open one of his presents, so he appointed Benjamin to be a guard over his stuff.  Benjamin took his job very seriously and even handed out a couple of tickets :)
 The party goers...
 eating Jonathan's famous homemade pizza...
 opening presents (with siblings realizing what the gift is before he knows)...
 not sure what Regan was not supposed to tell me...
 Happy 6th Birthday!!!

 Blowing out the candles...

 driving his car...
 It appears that putting your face in the cake is not a 1 yr old birthday thing, but it is really a FIRST birthday event.  He almost ate the back of the cake before we got the candles lit.  He is just so quick.  I cut him a  piece of cake and before you know it his face was in it.
 He really didn't know what was so funny, but he was a good sport and we all got some good laughs over it.

 Hudson has wanted skates ever since we adopted him in January.  His feet are just so small and they don't make them small enough, but he sees his brother and sisters skate all the time.  Well, I was out with Regan and she wanted to check again.  We found ONE pair that went from a 27-30 (most start at a 30).  He was beyond happy to get a "skating lesson" from his big sister.
 This is one of his favorite people.  Every time he sees her he says, "Wing, can you give me a ride in your car? I like you. I like your car. Can you play music on the radio?"  He was very happy that she came to his party :)
 after showers and still playing with his new toys...
 serving pizza...
 trying to get a picture of everyone...
 Several of these my friend took and sent them to me.  I love all the candid shots.  Ayi and Regan are getting their salad.
 trying to stand out of the way and serve the pizza at the same time...
 Ok, so not the best picture, but made me do a double take that my mini me is still just like me in so many ways! We both have our hair pulled back, hair similar color, glasses, and both leaning over the same way to help Hudson read his card.
 Katherine is showing him how his new snow globe can make music.
 opening gifts...
 LOVE these smiles!!!!
 the cake reveal...
 This is one of my favorite candid pictures.  I love all the smiles and laughter and happiness in this picture!