Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Summer is Coming to an End

 After getting back from Korea, Regan got to look at some of her souvenirs more closely and see some gifts that she was given as she left. She's really excited about this flag.
 I bought these socks and then didn't think they would fit her. She managed to get her feet in them, so she can keep them ;)
 My other kids really missed me while I was gone :) It was constant "Can we play a game together?" or "Can we go out together?" "Or (you name it) together?" :) Needless to say, Monopoly was asked for multiple times by different kiddos, so we played several games of it.
 Including Star Wars Monopoly which is just a hair different than traditional Monopoly.
 Hudson wanted to Know what FaceTime was, so he called his dad (who was sitting at the other end of the table) He thought it was so funny.
 Look at that face
 Our sweet puppies.
 Katherine is getting her desk ready for Back to School! We cleaned and organized the schoolroom so that it's ready for the new year.
 Jonathan suggested sandwiches and chips for dinner and watching a show together while we ate dinner...I then look at all the kids plates....Hmmm...not exactly what I was expecting :)  The top one was Katherine, the bottom one Hudson. I think he's been watching too much Master Chef Junior ;)

 I took all the kids for eye exams before school starts. New prescriptions for 2 of the kids and then Lauren through us for a 2 week loop.  Long story as short as possible...the eye doctor spent an hour on her eyes and then said "I'm not qualified. She needs to go to the hospital."
 A hospital trip many days in a row, lots of hmm's, and interesting, and I see something different, and LOTS of tests later...they wanted to admit her for 4 days of injections to her eyes to "see if it helps" I still have no idea what they think is wrong because they won't really tell me anything....SO I decided to NOT admit her and get a second opinion somewhere else.
 She has lots of really cool pictures for her scrapbook and perfectly normal kid eyes (minus the reading glasses that she got)

 But when you have to spend 2 weeks of your summer in hospitals...you get some special ice cream treats!!
 And maybe a milkshake (since we can't get them where we live)
 In the cleaning up process, we came across this ancient camera. The kids thought it was funny. "Why do you need a camera? All computers have a camera!" Well, no. They didn't use to have one.
 Saying goodbye! They had a great time seeing each other one last time!
 We always find the flowers on our walks!


 This is what happens when I don't pay attention to my order and accidentally order 7 boxes of Frosted Flakes!  It's ok. It was a good price and we eat them all the time...I just don't normally buy them all at once :)
 Another walk (with these two skating)
 The walks are in the evenings because the heat index stays around 120 during the day.  In the late afternoon/evening it starts to drop around 100 and we think it feels so much cooler!
 Hudson got a new haircut!  He wanted a picture before the gel was gone and it got "all messed up" :)
 A friend was moving and gave us their oven!  It's almost a normal sized one!!! It's amazing. We've only had toaster ovens, so we were excited to try it out!
 The girls and I went to see Winter, Yoyo, and Xiao Jun and go to a water park to the afternoon.  They had just gotten back from a trip to Vietnam. Winter used her own money to buy me a gift. She is so sweet.
 WE ate out for lunch and had a new dish that I have NEVER seen here before.  I can't get much ice in a drink, but they will bring a plate of it out with the sweet and sour meat in the middles of it! :)


 Katherine, Yoyo, Regan, Lauren, Winter (outside the waterpark)


 Dinner was late (after 9:00 pm) and this hot dog was HUGE!
 We went to a restaurant run by a foreigner...the kids enjoyed a hamburger, lasagna, and...
 quesadillas :)
 We found a plant store nearby....I guess we will be visiting here often as the school year progresses ;)
 Katherine and her passion fruit plant

 swimming at a hotel with friends....no one was in the pool because the "sun was too big"
 Lauren and Chloe at lunch with a basketball player who was 2.0 meters tall. They were very excited about it and Lauren told him many times that her cousins were taller than him...not sure if they really are taller or not because I haven't done the math in my head...but she enjoyed bragging about her cousins, Brett and Josh.