Sunday, March 15, 2020

Birthday Week

 My birthday was actually the end of February, but I'm just now getting around to the pictures. My morning started off with Regan and Lauren making homemade donuts to celebrate.
I had a surprise visit from Xiao Jun and the girls (the day before my birthday)...made my day!! A month and a half into quarantine and our first time to see our friends. They had been to NYC on vacation before the virus hit hard and had brought back surprises for the kids.
 They brought back a colorful owl to Regan.

 The girls also brought me some gifts that they picked out by themselves and used their own money. I just love these two :)

 Xiao Jun said that I needed Starbucks for my birthday. She said she had trouble getting it, but found a store open. She had to order online because they didn't allow her to go in. They brought it out to her.
 We then went for a short walk so that we could spend a little time with them before they drove back home. WE would have invited them in or to stay for dinner, but both were not allowed yet.
 Instead, they decided to climb a tree :)
 Winter, Lauren, Regan, Yoyo, and Katherine
 They made up some games to play.
 Plus, the classic rock, paper, scissors
 Katherine! :)  haha....She's literally climbing a tree. I think they really needed the time outside! ;)
 This is my gift from Winter. She wrapped it MANY times and used TONS of tape! She did not want it to break (again).
 She bought this mug for me at the United Nations in NY. She also packed her own suitcase and didn't know that the mug might break. Her mom said that she cried and cried when she opened her suitcase and the handle was gone. Her mom convinced her to give it to me anyways. I love it and love her! She's always been my little buddy. She's still wanting to know when she can have a vacation with just the two of us ;)
 My birthday gift...an eye massager and a little unicorn
 I wake up on my birthday and have a phone call telling me that I have a package. My friend in another city remembered it was my bday and sent me some lotion.
 The kids filled the table with surprises for mom :)
 trying to get us all in the picture...harder than you think :)

 Two more little surprises!!
 The sun was out an we intended to enjoy every bit of it! We found a lizard sunbathing. It entertained them forever!!
 Check out the super long tail!
 A close up of their little friend ;)
 Grace couldn't be here for my birthday, but she made me a card and texted the picture to me.
 Lauren wanted to draw something and looked up a step by step on the internet for drawing a white tiger. She said it's so much easier when someone tells you what to do next.
 Katherine enjoys quilling. She made me a card and a really cool flower, plus bought a little plant for my desk.
 Lauren found some chocolate covered raisins...mmmm.
 Hudson gift....it was in the HUGE bag in teh earlier picture :) Sweet boy.
 Katherine drew me this kitten.
 Jonathan asked what I wanted for my birthday. I said I just wanted to go on a walk as a family. Wish granted!
 More tree climbing

 Hudson wanted to know if EVERYONE could have a coke since it was my birthday :) Sure, why not. He was so happy and loved carrying them all home!
 Enjoying the balcony with Shadow beside me (I know. The puppies need a haircut. We are waiting for them to open up for business. It's high on our list)
 Scout is looking pretty scraggly, too
 Homemade cake...lots of icing on a still warm cake :)

Oh, and then there was this gift....a new shower curtain :)