Sunday, September 19, 2021

In Full Swing

We are still finding our new routine with school and activities, but this is how he comes home every day. We were told that we had to buy a wooden recorder for his music class. It came this week, and he was so excited to try it out.
He thought it was hilarious, but within minutes he could play 2 full songs.
Katherine likes to make her notebooks look pretty and colorful.
I thought it was so sweet of one of her classmates...they had science class one day. The classmate went home and made this list of words to help Katherine understand what was being talked about. 
We had to go pick up another schoolbook. Lauren was walking with me to get it and I see her reading "Ancient Rome" so that she has a better understanding in English of history class.
This is the book we were going to pick up. It's the class that they are most excited about. :)
We were surprised and excited to get mooncakes from a friend! They were homemade and wrapped individually to be given out. They gave our family seven for mid-autumn festival which is next week. (Hudson has already eaten one) 
I just love all the laughing :)
School starts early (7:50) It was a little rainy and cool this morning so they got to wear their school rain jackets. We also found out that the girls are "not in uniform" because they have black and gray shoes instead of navy. So, I guess we are going shoe shopping this weekend.
Benjamin had to go out with me near lunchtime to get his prescription print out at the doctor's office. On our way home, he suggested that we eat these pigs in a blanket and supplì. I figured it was worth a try to add to our sandwiches. He really enjoyed it. I thought it was edible but not really my favorite.
It's Friday and everyone's brains are ready to chill. Hudson put on some Christian praise and worship and started playing a video game.
Lauren was trying to finish all of her homework Friday night so she didn't have to do any on the weekend. I'm glad that I am a science person! She had so much reading to do in science. We read it together out loud. Then I explained the concepts in English as well and she wrote down key words that we had to look up the meaning to help her understand for tests later. Helping with their homework is bound to make my language better!
We were so excited to get to go to this all you can eat Chinese place together! Someone was generous and treated us to this meal. SO SO GOOD!
I'm not a big sushi fan, but Rachel said these were good.
Well, we did do a pretty good job...lots of dim sum, fried rice, noodles, veggies, and more!
Silas was not as thrilled as we were, but enjoyed looking at pictures on Benjamin's iPad periodically.
We went shoe shopping and found power-aid. They were trying it as soon as we left the mall. Then tried each others to know what they like best in the future.
We were walking home and smelled it before we saw it...Cotton Candy (zucchero filato) I couldn't resist the splurge for a euro! :)

Katherine said it reminded her of when she got cotton candy on her kindergarten field trip and it was bigger than her head.
Those smiles.
The girls are trying to get through the entire series of NCIS before Regan goes to college. So, this is a common night time scene.
 
These are some of the moms from Lauren's class. They have invited me to have coffee with them every morning after dropping the kids off for school. I've never been a coffee drinker, but I can handle the espresso. It's still not my favorite taste in the world, but when it's literally just 2 tablespoons of liquid it's not much different than drinking cough syrup (haha) They were all laughing because they all were dressed alike.
It started raining so Rita got under the umbrella with me. She is Giorgia's mom (who is one of the friends Lauren talks about a lot) It's nice too because she tries to explain some things to me in English if the conversation gets to fast...the speed at which they talk is crazy! But if I really focus I can follow the main ideas. I'm just glad that I'm starting to meet some people and get connected.