Wednesday, September 15, 2021

School Begins-Italy

Love this selfie that Regan sent me!! The girls have been watching NCIS together. Katherine and Lauren were begging Regan for just ONE MORE episode! :)
Dinner, the night before a new school year...that face says it all...she was so nervous about what to do entering the school.
Breakfast on the first morning of school (school starts at 7:50)
Lauren-First day 7th grade!
Katherine-First day 8th grade!

My middle schoolers!
Hudson-First day 5th grade!
Group shot before we walk out the door :)
That's the school across the street. They are looking and trying to see what's going on before they head down there. One of the teacher's saw them and waved.
This is Hudson chilling before school starts.
selfies with Mom...Lauren age 12
Katherine age 13
Hudson age 11
So excited for them!
That's a lot of books to carry to school!!!!
Each grade enters at their own time....hand sanitizer, and temperature checks
Lauren heading in and checking everything out
The temperature checks.

The nerves hit Hudson literally 30 seconds before we left! I think he probably wouldn't have had any if he hadn't heard his sisters talking so much ;)
Hudson's teacher on the left
They came home and got right to work. They asked for a map so they could study the regions and capital cities. They said they didn't know Italian geography/history very well. I also don't know it as well as some other countries...so we bought 3 maps to study.
What?! You're not going to play with me? It's my favorite toy! The kids can wait at school, right?
Look at that smile (dog and child) I think they were glad to see each other after school!
Let the studies begin! The first thing they do is come home and start looking up the words that they didn't understand in school.
I picked him up and he couldn't stop grinning and saying "I just love school so much!" This is the perfect thing for him!!
I didn't notice this the first day because I wasn't paying attention, but they have a blue sticky mat to clean the dirt off the bottom of your shoes as you enter the building.
Just some random history shots walking through the city.
Today was Regan's senior pictures! I can't wait to see them! I had to take a few of my own as we were walking to the meeting point. How many kids can say that their senior pictures were taken in Rome? So cool.
The Tiber River
selfie
selfie with scenery ;)
walking some of the streets in Trastevere
The photographer at work. 

:)
I'm really curious about this river after it rains. We've been told that the walls (that I'm standing on) were built to protect the city from flooding. We were also told that the water rises up to the top of the walls and the streets below disappear each year.
One of the oldest temples in Rome. I don't know the history of it yet, but I'm looking into it.
We threw a baby shower for our friend Rachel. Her baby is due in October.
feeling fancy with the tea ;)
Opening the gift from us (a blanket and outfit)
Lauren got to hold the baby that came to the shower!
We forgot to get a group shot before everyone left. We were waiting for the rain to pass and snapped this one real quick!
HOORAY!!! He is finished with his schoolwork!!! Rover is celebrating ;)
Now, that's a happy face! Enjoy your summer playing video games! (next school year starts next week)
The puppies went for a bath. They were just hanging out in the lobby waiting for us to pick them up. They were so cute! I wish I had taken a video. They were so excited when we walked up!
I intended to get Regan a gelato after her pictures, but it was really late and we needed to get home. So, we saved the special treat for when the others were in school. It's ok...the others got ice cream at school
Lauren's class got flowers to start the school year (Katherine may have been a little jealous about this...it's one of her favorite plants)
Scout was doing his balancing trick because he really wanted some bacon :)
My Italian tutor, Diana...who spoils the dogs and lets hime on the table! 
The dogs really love when she comes over. The other day, they were expecting it to be her at the door and when it was someone else they just started barking at him (which they have never done before)
Since it's Benjamin's week of summer and the younger ones are at school, we are trying to do a few special things this week. So, we went out to eat for lunch...hamburgers!
This set cracks me up! I said I was going to take their picture...Regan decided to make the "Benjamin face" since he was probably making it...She was close!
Then he wanted to know why I was laughing...
Then I got real smiles :)