Friday, March 11, 2022

Feb. 26, 2022

It was the last day in Naples! It was my birthday. It was raining. No problem. The kids still wanted to souvenir shop with their money. It's a little more difficult to do in the rain and with your bags, but we did anyways. Jonathan was waiting for the girls to come out. He decided to try this food. It was fried noodles. Interesting. He said it was pretty good, but I don't think it looks too appetizing.
We ate lunch before heading back on the road. Hudson chose traditional ragu spaghetti.
We made it to the car and on the road. We were freezing!! The rain had us soaked (even though we had umbrellas) and the wind was like ice. Then as we were driving out, we saw that Mt. Vesuvius was covered in snow! So crazy how quickly the weather can turn! I'm really glad that we got to hike it since it closes anytime there is rain or bad weather or fog or too much steam.
It looks like all of the mountains got snow! It made for a fun drive home.
For breakfast, I asked to eat at Mr. Cinnamon across from our ABNB. Lauren got the Oreo one
The rest of us got traditional (except Jonathan who had caramel added to his) I think their take away box needs to be redesigned though. They may not be pretty anymore, but they tasted great!
All of the girls got matching bracelets from on top of Mt. Vesuvius. They are made from the volcanic rock. Nothing fancy, just a sweet souvenir/to remember it by.
Our lunch restaurant
the bread
The girls' table decided to split everything so that we could try many things. We ordered 1 pizza.
the seafood plate (prawns, swordfish, squid, and zucchini)
French fries (I'll let you guess which daughter wanted those....Katherine) and a calzone
Benjmain also got the calzone and Jonathan tried a different kind of pizza.
This picture doesn't really tell the whole story. WIND. RAIN. MORE WIND. MORE RAIN. COLD.
WE arrived at the parking garage completely soaked!!
After we got back to Rome, I dropped off the boys with all of the luggage and headed out to Diana's with the girls to pick up the dogs. Diana said the puppies were fascinated with the guinea pig.
Lunch on Sunday was fix your own (sandwiches, etc.) WE just laughed at Katherine's "bowl" of soup!
These are Katherine's souvenirs
I think someone missed someone (goes both ways)
Scout was happy that we were home. We were watching the Amazing Race together and pulling for the Holderness family 
My birthday meal (the day after my bday) Jonathan said it was my second b-day. Hudson said that was silly that I'm not two years old.
PLEASE can I have some! It smells so good.
Regan made me a chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. Yum!
So, the last day of carnival, the kids are supposed to dress up in costumes at school. Katherine was excited to be a chef. I don'y know all of these Italian holidays yet, but the kids enjoyed the food and fun at school.
Hudson enjoyed his day, too! Then he and Scout crashed on my bed!!