Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Benjamin Turns 17

Happy 17th birthday, Benjamin!! It's a school day, and his party isn't until the weekend, but we had to do something special...so Jonathan went and picked up his favorite fries from McDonald's do go with his lunch. He was so happy to get some bacon cheese fries!
I have to get my selfie with the birthday boy. I think every time I get a picture of him this is the face I get first :) One of these days I'll have enough time to find all the photos from the past 17 years of him making this exact same face, haha!
That's better. Such a handsome smile :)
He waited all day for his birthday meal! He asked for carbonara (his dad fixed him a little extra) and he asked to go ahead and open his gifts 
He got some art supplies...colored pencils and black paper

some new Yughio cards to play with his cousins
The girls working hard to decorate the apartment for the party
The Swann's came over and Benjamin's friend, Josh.
Scout would NOT leave Josh alone! It's a good thing he likes dogs.
Cookie cake to go along with his regular cake.
He asked for How to Train a Dragon theme but was specific it had to be from the book series. Well, I have no idea the differences between the movies and the books...thankfully, the books have pictures on the covers. He can probably tell you all about this particular dragon, but for me it was just a 3 headed dragon with fire. I'm just glad he recognized what I was trying to draw with the icing!
Regan made a cute display table for the cakes.
He got them all out 
Group shot: Brice, Benjamin, Silas, Lauren, Josh, Hudson, Regan, Katherine, Ruthie, and Rachel
one with the parents, too ;)
Regan did such a good job with this sign and making it look his age. It was a good few days celebrating!!