Thursday, May 12, 2022

May-Mother's Day 2022

Lauren's volleyball coach sent these photos. The girls had a competition for the region. Lauren has aged out for the league this season but was completely fine cheering from the sidelines!
It's fun to see them enjoying playing with each other.
Regan's indoor herb garden has been giving us LOTS of herbs recently. She looked up how to store them if we couldn't use them right away. 
This was one of Regan's acrylic paintings for her class. She had to pain it in a certain Van Gough style. I really like how it turned out.
I was picking up the kids from school when Kevin and his mom asked us to join them for a snack at the gate of the school. We were still waiting for Hudson so we joined for a bit.
We took another picture after Hudson arrived :)
Trying to get us all in the picture. Little did I know that I was coming down with Covid in this picture. When I got home, I felt extremely tired. By that evening I was hurting all over, had a fever, etc.
Jonathan brought me dinner in bed (maybe it was lunch...I really have no clue...I was a bit out of it)
The kids didn't like that mom was quarantined. Hudson would peak his head in my room and ask if I was still ok :) after a couple of days when the pain was better managed, I actually enjoyed the quarantine. I don't get sick often and can't remember the last time I just laid in bed watching tv shows and having no responsibilities. 
Regan masked up and came in near the end of my quarantine to inform me that she was officially DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!! Woohoo!!! She is officially finished with high school! Hard to believe! I insisted on a picture to document the moment. She thinks I'm a bit funny, but hey, it's a big moment...even if I was in bed.
I looked out the window to make sure the kids were all getting home ok :)

My quarantine is over, sheets are washed, and all is back to normal :) Regan missed the dogs...they wouldn't leave me when I was sick.
One of Lauren's friends gave her some Pokemon cards. She was really excited to look through them. Some were in English and some were the Italian version. 
Ha! They are just alike :)
My flowers grew back after the storm! I love Gerber Daisies. They are one of my favorites.
Lauren's class is working on an embroidery project. She finished her part. They will be sewing them together to make a story.
Katherine had a soccer game and almost all of us were able to be there to cheer her on. Normally, they play all girl teams, but this team was mostly guys with only 2 girls. It was fun to watch...but our allergies!!

It did start to rain a little bit. It actually helped a little with the pollen. I have never seen anything like it. we don't have to wear the masks outside, but all of us could feel our throats closing up. It looked like huge cotton balls swirling through the air. We figured the masks might help a little.
Lauren and I trying to take a photo Italian style...haha! We were talking about how no one looks like themselves in the pictures because they are always smiling and laughing and then they take a picture and it's all serious with no smiles. So, here is our attempt at that HAHA!
It's Mother's Day! This is the flower that Katherine made for me.
I am amazed at the detail.
Mother's Day with the boys
Hudson age 12
Benjamin age 17
Regan age 18
Katherine age 14
Lauren age 13
Mother's Day with the girls
with all the kiddos
I needed one with Jonathan, too :)
They gave us flowers at church
We ran into Rodney Duncan at church...it's a small world!! He knew Jonathan when he was a kid
My gift from all the kids and Jonathan 


Hudson made me a bag and wrote a card (He called me "mum" throughout the card because that is what they say at school) 
Regan made a delicious dinner!! Chicken Teriyaki 
Lauren and Regan made me giant cookies for dessert!!! I do love chocolate chip cookies!
Shadow working on some math problems.
Benjamin trying on shoes...he is waaaaay past due for some new shoes!
his final choice
Katherine working on her Mona Lisa art homework
watercolor...I'm impressed
So glad she got it done in time! It looks great!
I asked Regan to send me these next two. Hudson like to "steal" Regan's iPad and take pictures since you can get to the camera without a passcode. 

Benjamin and Jonathan are spending a few days away at a men's retreat. Jonathan is leading several of the sessions. I think they are both looking forward to the time! I'm sure they will have a fantastic time!
And they have a great view!
Hudson is giving Scout a belly massage. That dog is so spoiled!