Monday, April 10, 2023

February in Review

Well, I am really hoping to break this new trend of being SUPER behind on blogs and having to dump the whole month into one, but at the moment, I am just trying my best to catch up!
When you are the only one that shows up to youth group, it turns into a game night with the youth pastor and his kids. :) Benjamin goes up there each week for youth group because it is in English. He's really enjoyed it up there (different part of Rome...about 1.5hrs there and 1.5hrs back...but definitely worth it)
Lauren wanted me to try the new bubble tea flavor...dragon fruit and litchi with passion fruit bubbles. She was right...DELICIOUS!
This is what it looks like after you mix it up. I'm glad the kids gave me a coupon for one :)

One of the classes that keeps me busy preparing lesson is my adult English class. They are really a great bunch of people and I enjoy getting to share with them.
Scout, king of the pillows
Hudson had a friend come visit us for a few days. He was one happy camper! 
Most everyone wants to try Naples style pizza when visiting, so we are getting to know this restaurant owner well, haha.
Ruthie. She cracks me up.
I told Jonathan that I didn't need anything for Valentine's Day. He didn't listen. :) He knows I'm a sucker for chocolate chip cookies, especially cookie cake...then flowers on top of that!
Benjamin loves playing video games. It's his favorite chill activity. Well, he has been without any video games for over a month because his was originally purchased in HK and it got "hacked" saying that only people with ID numbers from a certain country (not ours) and installed tracking app and people over 18 will be able to continue using the XBox. So, he's just been out of luck. Well, he did the math and figured that if he got no presents for his 18th birthday coming in April and only money that he would have enough to buy a new one. So, he used his savings to borrow the money from himself and to buy it in advance. He was one happy kid! Don't worry, he in fact has put all money from his bday back into the bank where it belongs ;)
Sometimes you just need a little girl break.
This is another class that I am often preparing for. This is the afternoon Sunday school that I teach with another friend (We alternate every other week so neither of us burns out to quickly) This is a good group of kid!
So. Proof that the blog is not the only thing that I am behind on. Yes, I folded everything after I took the picture. Sometimes, you just have enough time to wash and dry and run to the next thing. ;)
Hudson thinks it's pretty cool that we have our own crosswalk now.
This girl and her migraines. A puppy always helps. It has to be weather related because I've been getting a lot, too. 
The girls had be wear a birthday hat in the store since it was my bday (no, we didn't buy it)
Red velvet cupcakes for my b-day (a day early since I would be traveling)
And off we go! Katherine had a homeschool event in Hungary. She has been looking forward to this for a while.
It was COLD! We were waiting for the train but it only runs once an hour.
walking around Hungary
I ran into a very good friend also at with her kid at the homeschool conference
interesting tree
interesting church
the sign just made me smile 
The Chain Bridge...one of 2 bridges connecting the cities of Buda and Pest now known as Budapest.
Parliament
I forgot what this was. oops
Katherine and I stayed one night at an AirBNB so that we could walk around and see some of the sites while we were there. 


Yeah! She finally got to see the Danube River and the Chain Bridge up close!
Katherine had learned all about Budapest/Hungary in her Italian school last year, so she was by little tour guide. These shoes are a memorial to all of the Jewish people killed in the war. They would line them up by the river for execution, but the soldiers would make them remove their shoes first because shoes were hard to get and they wanted to keep them. Sad
You can only get the entire building in the picture if you are on the other side of the river.
selfie

We took this picture for Hudson, our car guru 
After a week eating Hungarian hotel food at the homeschool event, Katherine was needing either American or Itlaian food :) We found a cheeseburger, one of her favorites.
We've notice in Europe that most bigger beds just use two twin comforters instead of a full/queen/king
handmade ceramic flowers
Other souvenir crafts
flying home over the Swiss Alps :)
Scout enjoying some piano time
Katherine and her experiment for science (that we discovered ate the shine off the tiles...oops)
We keep being told this place has been around forever and we should try it. Sometimes it is hard to know what to try. It's so much easier when people say "order this" I will say it was good and not too expensive, which is amazing in this city! It reminded me a little of country ham mixed with pulled pork.
After we got back from the airport, we all just need a little time to chill/work on homework.
We discovered that one of the flowers that Jonathan bought me sweats.

More pictures with Hudson's friend, Solomon

Jonathan taught Sunday school for me while I was in Hungary. Can you tell what story they learned? :)
Yep. This girl broke her foot. She's out of dance for at least a month. 
Regan sent me a picture of her dorm room, fun lights.
Katherine and Lauren had a group video chat with some of their friends.
Regan and Kai had a little Valentine's photo shoot 
Cute
Regan had an art project. Her instructions were that she had to show a line and it had to be BIG. So, this is what she did in the middle of the forest. I like it.