Monday, February 28, 2011

32


I had a wonderful birthday this week. It started out well because it fell on a Saturday and Jonathan and the kids decided to let me sleep in! Then I awoke to the smell of breakfast and my kids telling me Happy Birthday! After breakfast and getting ready, a friend volunteered to watch all the kids so that Jonathan and I could go out for lunch. We ate at a noodle shop and did some window shopping before returning home. While the kids were napping/resting, Jonathan baked a red velvet cake for me. My request for dinner was Papa Johns Pizza. Our neighbors came over to celebrate and have cake with us. To top it off, it was sunny and in the 70's! It was a good day!

Yes, I am 32. Jonathan made sure the candles said so. He also said that my cake is starting to look like one of my dad's cakes...but I disagree...his cakes have LOTS MORE CANDLES! :) It looks like some of the ones at the top have just about burned all the way down. Oh well.

The kids were so excited about my birthday. I had gotten a few things in the mail as presents, so I saved some of them for my actual bday. The kids have been going crazy wanting to know what was inside them. I wanted a picture of me and my kiddos before they got ready for bed. Benjmain wanted to make sure we all knew it was a bday picture, so he held up wrapping paper in the background.


This was actually one of a series of pictures that I took of the girls. This one made me laugh. Actually, they all made me laugh but I could not put them all on here. When I look at it, I understand a little more why we get soooo many comments when we go out about Lauren's hair. It just boggles people's minds that I can have two kids, one with perfectly straight hair and the other with tight little ringlets. I cannot count the number of times I have been asked if we curl her hair or if it does that by itself.

My beautiful gift from Jonathan and the kids (on top of all the other things mentioned in the first paragraph)!

Benjamin said that He needed to blow up these balloons since we were having a party. Sounds like a good excuse to me. I thought it was a good picture of him.

This week, our friends returned from their hometown and we were able to reconnect. The kids were so happy to go play again. I have no idea what this game is, but it is one of their favorites to play.

And this is typically the closest thing to a beach we get. The kids love it (we even find seashells in it from time to time) I'm glad the kids enjoy it, but I don't enjoy taking the sand home with us. It never fails that we will have shoes or pockets full when we get home...and this week, I could not get it all out of Lauren's hair.

Katherine finally got to hold the baby. Too cute!