Monday, January 2, 2012

Jonathan's Birthday

Jonathan celebrated his birthday in Malaysia surrounded by all of his family. He had a chocolate cake and some trick candles to blow out. He actually did pretty good at getting them out, but he also had the help of 2 other little ones :)


Jonathan and I went on a date to celebrate. We ate at Chili's and ordered spinach cheese dip. It was so good. I never ate there much in the States, but we ate there several times over the Christmas holidays.


The kids and I got to hold a snake at this place while we were eating our lunch. I had to bribe them to touch it...too funny.


Lauren, however, had no problem letting them put the snake around her neck.


We went on a walk looking for monkeys in the trees. We stopped for a picture at this tree. We have a picture of Regan at this same tree when she was not quite 2 years old. I guess she's a little bigger now.



Well, we saw several monkeys that day, but this is the picture of the mean one. It chased after Benjamin and he literally ran out of his shoe. I am sure it was quite the scene...monkey chases boy, boy screams and runs everywhere, Papaw chase monkey, Mom chases boy...we did get everyone to the car safely. I went back for the shoe and the monkey went after me. I ended up using all those years of softball practice throw the shoe and hit the monkey. I then left, and Papaw got the shoe. Benjamin has been practicing telling this story. I'm sure he will ot soon forget.


We went to the beach again and this time the beach was covered in shells and starfish. The kids collected so many shells (too many to bring back) and we passed the starfish collection on to another kid looking for them.


So, after 2 weeks of fun, we said our goodbyes and headed back. It was a wonderful time with many great memories. We enjoyed watching the sunset form the airplane on the way home. We arrived back on New Year's Eve and celebrated by carrying (one at a time) the kids up to the apartment and then all of the luggage. A perfect start to a New Year.