Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Back Together

This past week it has seemed that our someone from our family has been "missing" every time we are doing something and taking pictures.  Benjamin and I had to got to Thailand for some medical appointments (everything is fine) but it meant that Daddy was home with the other four.  So what happens when Mommy is away? A huge tent covering the entire living room, of coarse! :)
The kids had a blast in the tent...Charlie, not so much.  They had movie night and everything under the tent.  :)
This was the one picture that all of us were together (Jonathan behind the camera).  We went for a family bike ride.  You would thing that the size of our family an riding bikes through the city would be what brings all the attention, but nope, it was that we all had on helmets!  That's ok.  We will ride safe!
It is really hot and humid here, so the kids were extremely excited when we found this little fountain. Katherine and Lauren immediately went and put their feet in and Hudson and Regan did water hand prints everywhere.  I would have thought that a security guard would have told the kids to get out of the water, but then I saw a lady washing her kids clothes in the fountain and thought it must be ok...haha!

This is the HUGE leaf that we found growing in our complex. I just couldn't resist the picture.  Too cute.
So, we are doing homeschool and I look outside and see BLUE sky.  I decided that was reason enough for a spontaneous filed trip to the park.
This is part of the park (look at the pretty sky) :)  I know many of you have beautiful skies all the time, but we appreciate them more and more because we see them less and less ;)
The kids love climbing on these rocks.  The last time we were told it was too dangerous, but it was really only because the park was so busy.  Usually they climb and the park has no problem.  I told Katherine not to climb to places that I couldn't reach her because Daddy wasn't here to help if she got stuck...no problem for my little monkey.
I just love these two, my oldest and my youngest.  They just love each other.
Hudson's first time to see a waterfall.  He thought it was raining :)
The kids got a nice surprise package filled with bubbles and summer activities (like water guns) and harmonicas, recorders, and some other goodies.  Everything was a hit. They went out on the back balcony and had fun with the bubbles right away. Check out the bubble over Hudson's face! Pretty crazy....it framed him perfectly!  Oh, and Katherine was doing her homework this week and the assignment was to draw a picture of your back yard and write about it.  Any guesses what she drew? Nope, not the small pond in our complex or the play ground or the trees....she drew all the laundry on our balcony!  I guess, technically, that is our back yard ;)
This boy has played his harmonica everywhere!  He played it in the airport, in taxis, walking down the street, at home, waiting at the hospital for doctor's appointments.  You name it, he played there :)  He is actually getting pretty good at it, and I enjoy hearing him play it.
He gets so excited over anything animal!  He found a dog paw print in the sidewalk and was soooo excited!
This is the view from the hospital in Thailand.  It's a huge city with lots of traffic all the time!
We saw this guy selling stuff for lunch...we didn't eat there because Benjamin got to pick all the places to eat...so we were on a mission to find a Subway.
Wires wires wires.  Benjamin didn't like all the wires that were everywhere.  I have to say that I agree with him on this one.
So two days of doctors appointments and Benjamin says, "We haven't done anything fun and we have to go home tomorrow.  I wish we could see some animals at a zoo."  The doctor at his last appointment wrote down the name of the zoo in Thai so that we could show it to the taxi driver.  It wasn't a big one, but he had a lot of fun...just the two of us :)
He wasn't impressed with the tree, but I thought it looked cool.
Love him...and yes, I have a picture with my head in the alligator as well...but his is way cuter ;)
The dinosaur is hatching!!!
One thing we had not done that he was really wanting to do was ride in a "tuk tuk" While I was trying to bargain with the guy on the price, I got distracted by the guy selling cotton candy.  Mmmm.
So, here we are riding through the city, eating cotton candy, and feeling the breeze! (My son was apparently growing a goatee...haha)
He really enjoyed himself!
When we got back home, he informed me that all of his puppies were in court.  He wanted me to come see.  Yep, they are in court.  I asked him why and he said that they were not getting along while we were gone.  I love that he even has a police dog at the front of the court room...haha!  We had a lot of fun together, but it is good to all be back together again :)