Friday, June 19, 2015

First Swim

 Since school is still in session and it was not the weekend, I figured it was the perfect time to take Lauren out of school for a day and all of us go to a swim park.  The kids were beyond excited.  WE heard there was one about 30 minutes away so we decided to try it out.  Hudson was excited, too, but didn't fully understand what it would be like.  When we asked him, he said that he has never been swimming before....so, this was his first swim :)
 The first thing he did was sit down in the water and just laugh. He said that it was a lot of fun! :)
 I love to see joy on these kiddos faces!  I didn't think that I would be able to get any pictures while we were there, but they had these plastic phone holders that you could wear around your neck while you were at the park that would protect your phone.  I had no idea if any of the pictures would turn out because the sun was so bright I could not see anything AND the phone was inside plastic with water droplets all around.  I was so excited that I got a few shots to remember the day.
 This little girl LOVED the water slides.  She saw them and she was off!  The only issue we had was at a certain section of the park when they said she was not tall enough.  She was momentarily heart broken, but then we returned to the favorites for her.
Regan has always been one to sit up on the slides instead of laying down.  Come to think of it, I think I used to go down the same way :)  The kids had me go down one that was completely enclosed (it was there favorite).  I had in my head the slides at WhiteWater in Georgia. You know, complete darkness and you have no idea where you are going.  So, I was a little surprised that they said it was their favorite until I rode it myself.  It was dark, but they had painted the ceilings with a glow in the dark paint, so it looked like stars and swirls and gave just enough light for you to know what was coming.
 These two were enjoying the wave pool!  This was one of the few places we have been that did not require a swim cap.  Jonathan decided to wear one anyway to protect his head.  I think it was a wise move.  Poor little Katherine got really burned (even with the super expensive, SPF 70, imported sunscreen that we bought) The rest of us got a little bit of sun...only Hudson didn't burn :)
 Playing in the waves
 Enjoying the fountains (sorry Jonathan for cutting you head off...I really couldn't see what I was doing)
 surfing USA...
 love the different surf styles...
 he's got the hair for it...
 a little karate action on the board...
 don't forget the peace sign while you surf...
 wipe out...  :)
 They never stopped for a minute.  It was so much fun.
 Oh, this is the glow in the dark one.  They give you a push down to make sure you go fast :)
 This is after the HUGE bucket of water dumped on his head.  I wasn't sure he was going to be happy about it, but you can see by this picture that he loved it!
 My attempt at a selfie while waiting for the waves to start.
I FINALLY got a haircut this week! YEAH! It was much needed and feels so much better. 

 We went to the expensive grocery store (because Katherine just knew she saw a Father's Day card there...it was Hallmark, but not Father's Day) and the girls went to town on the cantaloupe.  They said it was the best fruit ever. I tried to explain the concept of samples...they only got it a little...they kept leaving and going back for another sample.
 Katherine leaving the park and already feeling the burn.  She walked out with a towel on her head and face.  I'm glad we had some Aloe from last year.  She keeps asking for the green stuff.  She's looking better though.
And yes, I broke down and did it.  I ordered some Dr. Pepper on the internet! :)  Haha!  One happy Mama :)  I put one in the fridge and the rest are in the closet for a rainy day :)