Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Autumn



Some brotherly love happening right here...Hudson was giving Benjamin a "zerbert" on his neck.  The kids thought it was hilarious and Benjamin couldn't stop laughing, which just encouraged Hudson to have more silliness :)
 Hudson's first time to be swung in a sheet.  He loved it!  Of coarse, it brought back old memories for the other kids who wanted to try it again. OH DEAR! They are huge! We could barely get Lauren up off the floor let alone any of the other kids!
 Just to prove that Gracie is not playful ALL the time.  She does enjoy some occasional snuggle time.
 It had been one of those days and I needed just a few minutes a quiet. So, I told the kids I was going to my room to study and needed quiet for about 30 minutes.  About 2 minutes after I locked myself in my room, I hear a knock, knock, knock.  "What do you need Hudson?"  He said, "I want to come see you. I won't talk. I have my Bible."  I didn't believe him for a second....anyone who knows Hudson knows that he talks nonstop :)  To my surprise, he sat up in my window for the next 30 minutes without saying a word and looking at his Bible.  I didn't want to get caught taking the picture, so this was the best I got. Super cute!
 Benjamin, my little science guy (and Katherine, too) found this while walking the dog.  He said we should study it and see if we could figure out what had laid eggs and hatched.  As long as they are already hatched, I'm good with it :)
 On her ACTUAL birthday, she requested a big box of macaroni.  I'm so thankful that she got some in a package! She was one happy girl.
 I don't know what this flower is, but they are some of my favorites to see here.  I think because it looks like tall grass and then one day the entire area is in bloom with these cute little flowers.  They don't live long, but I enjoy the sea of flowers when they are here.
 Regan and I were about to go for a bike ride.  It was the first time to wear this shirt outside, so she was excited to see how it would look.
 Hudson wanted a picture with his "new" haircut so that he could show everybody.  I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has grown on me.  Something about it makes his expressions super cute.
 This girl was SO excited! We were in a taxi on our way to see her best friend (the one that we thought wasn't coming back...they changed their minds last minute and came back).  She was beside herself.
 The happy reunion...
 Still not too big to sit in a lap...in November, she will be the flower girl in her wedding, and Regan will be a bridesmaid!
 Family bike ride!  Since I got a new bike, Hudson no longer had a seat on the back of my bike.  The plan is to get one put on Jonathan's bike, but the stores were closed for the holiday, so we improvised...we rode strapped onto Jonathan's back and had a blast. Don't worry.  He was safe and secure :)
 The clouds finally cleared on our way home from the bike ride and we saw the moon...which was nice since the whole point of the holiday was to look at the moon :)  Autumn has arrived only by the date...it is still VERY HOT!
 We didn't have a blood moon like in the States, but the sunset the next day was pretty red.
The sun was almost gone by the time we snapped this picture, but I still like it :)