Saturday, September 5, 2015

Mamaw and Papaw have Arrived

 Regan has always loved puzzles.  This one is one of my favorites and I love that she enjoys doing them over and over again.  She is getting pretty fast at them.  This 1000 piece puzzle just took her a few hours.
 A few days before Mamaw and Papaw arrived, we had a ladies bracelet making party.  It was quite the success.  Two people asked to make extras so they could share the story with that goes with it to their friends.

 After showers (and before brushing their hair), they were just lined up like stair steps.  I had to get a picture :)
 Mamaw and Papaw came bearing gifts from Malaysia.  Each of the kids got a different colored monkey.  Oh, and Hudson wanted to look his best for Mamaw and Papaw...he got dressed all by himself.
 This was one happy girl...the biggest piece of seaweed ever!  I think they smell and taste gross, but she LOVES it!
 First thing on the agenda....girl time getting a pedicure.
 It's been a while since we have done this, so Mamaw coming to visit was a good excuse to go :)
 Since Katherine's birthday is so close, Mamaw and Papaw ordered a cake at the local bakery.  She was completely surprised! (That's her name in the chocolate heart)
 She has enjoyed celebrating a little early :)
We needed a group picture with Mamaw and Papaw :)  Next time they come, hopefully it won't be raining and we can get a good picture outside as well.
 They have taken advantage of Papaw reading books to them....I think he has read the same book about noses to Hudson about 300 times...haha!
 Hudson was so excited that he had a "dog hat" like Papaw...Go Vols!
 Regan and her coach
 Getting ready for the performance
Here is Regan's performance.  She did a really good job.  I'm so proud of how well she is doing!
https://youtu.be/80WZ8RNiUAo
 So, maybe not the best taken picture, but she dressed herself (as usual) and every time I looked at her all I saw were the flashbacks from "The Father of the Bride" where all George Banks can think of when his daughter said she is getting married is a little girl all dressed up wearing her white tennis shoes playing basketball :) 80's look
 Snuggles with big sister
 All of Lauren's friends started 1st grade this week.  I loved some of the pictures that the parents sent us.  I love this one because it shows the crazy nap time in elementary school (yes, they take naps here from 12:30-2:30 until they start college)
Here's a different school...I can't believe all those crazy blankets and the heat.
 So, Mamaw and Papaw kept the kids for a few days and Jonathan and I were able to get away.  It was such a great time just to get away from the business of everything.  To top it off, we flew to another city that has quite a few foreigners.  The biggest perk? The FOOD!  Mmmm. One of the  restaurants served onion rings :)
 A dinner for TWO (not seven) please...with a nice little rose and even a candle on the table :)
 Now, if we had not found anything else but only found this, I think I still would have been quite happy.  Since it was a special "date" I drank two with my dinner (shhhh)
My handsome date at the most incredible Mexican restaurant!  If we had found this place at the beginning of the trip, we would have eaten there more than once.  It was a good end of the trip meal and makes us want to go back :)
 I had a scoop of cookies n cream ice-cream.  The two spoons is because they assume that you will share everything. Not so.  I ate every bite.
 Seriously, I had no idea this kind of thing was available ANYWHERE in this country.  I guess I just need to move to a city with lots of foreigners ;) haha!  Jonathan had a delicious apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. So, I guess what I'm saying is the food was good. Can you tell? :)
 Classes have started back up.  Lauren is in a new dance class. I love to just sit back and watch the interactions take place.  She quickly had a circle of new friends. I also enjoyed watching her during the break.  Some of the older girls were giving her pointers and dancing with her.  It was really cute.
I also love seeing the kids hanging all over their grandparents.  So much fun!  Hudson said tonight (with a big smile) "I am so sad."  So I asked why are you sad? "Because Mamaw and Papaw are leaving tomorrow."  So sweet.  I'm so glad all the kids had fun.  We look forward to their next visit...we won't leave them with the kids the entire time ;)