Monday, April 8, 2019

A few More :)

A few more slipped through the cracks. I know I put my birthday on the blog, but here's the actual pictures from my actual birthday. The kids were so happy to celebrate! Regan's seat is behind the flowers. She wasn't feeling well, so it took her a while before she joined us.

 Jonathan made me a cake :)
I guess word has gotten out that I like Dr. Pepper. Grace managed to order a whole 12 pack online!! She was too funny about it though because she said "no one can drink that much" and that I need to give each of them a can to try because she had never had it before.  Smart kid ;)
Sweet Hudson. He gave me 40 kuai of his very own money because I was turning 40.
A friend gave me a set of active snake lotions so that I won't get all wrinkly.
A frame for the really cool gift idea...a puzzle of a group photo we had taken.

It was quite the self portrait of Shadow. He knows he's my favorite ;)
Birthday selfie with the kids
Xiao Jun completely surprised me when she walked through the door at 9:30 at night! She drove over an hour just to say happy birthday!
And she brought me a little gift! Travel bags for shampoo and such.
Cookie is studying with Lauren.
Katherine's art teacher sends photos every week.  The overall picture looks the same, but the drawings are different :)
All of the kids helped put the puzzle together.
I have some very talented kiddos. Here are some of the gifts I was given. Regan made the two on the top left out of wire. Katherine made the top right and bottom left out of paper.
I got a haircut and Lauren came with me. They couldn't stand that she wasn't getting anything done and asked if they could wash her hair. Sure. why not. They spent more time on her hair than they did mine! ;)
This is Biscuit. Hudson picked out a new hamster because his died during the night. We have no idea why, but he was so sad about it.
He was one happy kiddo.
 The kids are always happy when we go out to eat Muslim noodles.
I'm not sure what face I am making in this picture, but oh well. This is "Polly's group" I help them with their English once a week.
It was Polly's birthday so we had mango cheesecake.
We had a ladies night that actually ended up being a surprise birthday party for me! I was really surprised.

 This poor cake almost burned to the ground because the candles burned all the way down! :) Why? Well, first each person had to take my picture holding the cake. Then, I had to have my picture made with EACH person you see above individually. Then one of the girls left to go find someone in the restaurant to come take a group photo. After that photo, then they needed to turn out all the lights and sing "Happy Birthday" THEN, I got to blow the candles out :)
Grace, Kelly, Garmen, Melondy, Summer, Selina, Linda, Megan, and Mary.
Benjamin and his buddy Nic went to see How to Train a Dragon 3 (actually we all went)
It was a good movie and the kids enjoyed it.


This little guy is a cutie! He knew exactly what to do with all of those cars and roads...even said vroom.
HayHay and KayKay wanted to give me a birthday gift, too!!
We ended up having a really cool view of the 40th anniversary celebration of our city! There was a light show, fireworks, and some pretty cool drone work, too!



He was so excited to take pictures :)
The clam and pearl were pretty cool. It slowly opened up to show the pearl inside. Every single one of those dots was a drone and they all worked together and didn't crash into each other.




Here's a behind the scenes look at the drones before take off.This was the crowd on the streets to watch the show. I'm glad I'm not one of the people in that bus! I don't think they are going anywhere soon.



This was the crowd on the streets to watch the show. I'm glad I'm not one of the people in that bus! I don't think they are going anywhere soon.
 The kids were beyond excited...2 movies in 2 months! This time it was Captain Marvel. It was a sold out show.


This picture. Lauren wanted to come out with me one night (I don't remember what for) but she was already in pjs. So she has a night gown, frog pants, a jacket, and house shoes on. Her sister was laughing at her and said she looked ridiculous. WE go outside and literally EVERY PERSON we saw pointed to Katherine and said "oh she's not cold? She wearing shorts! It's cold." and NO ONE even noticed Lauren's attire. Then Lauren laughed and said "See. I'm normal. You're the one who stands out. I look like everyone else." :)
 A little science project work out on the balcony.
Regan drew this for her friend's birthday. She did it on a taekwondo board. Pretty cool.
 I claim them both thank you.
Selfies ... we each had a dog...
now you can see Shadow, too.
Kimi and Peter learned how to play Connect Four.