Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Back Online!

 We are FINALLY back online (at least temporarily)!! YEAH! Because of two holidays back to back and some events in the news, internet has been difficult....and I have lots to catch up on! Starting with the first of the festivals, Mid-Autumn Festival. It fell extremely early this year in the calendar. Someone gave us a mooncake that was as big as my head!
Katherine was excited to get a birthday package in the mail!
She got some much needed clothes. They look so nice on her.
Grace and Lauren playing outside
One more stair step picture :)

Real life...folding laundry on the bed while one with a stuffy nose and headache curls up and takes a nap (Lauren)
Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations in our complex. 
They had prizes for the kids if you won the game. This was the biggest hit...rock paper scissors with the security guards.
Katherine won the game that ALL the kids on the complex kept trying to win. She was so happy that she won the micro lego set.
So, going to a mall during a holiday is always a little crazy. I always know it will be this way, but I seem to always be amazed.
This is what most bookstores look like. They are typically treated more like libraries. People sit in the aisles reading the books, but rarely buy them.
Mid-Autumn Festival celebrated the full moon, so they put a moon on the building. It was nice, but a little strange since the actual moon was beautiful and just above it in the sky.
These were some homemade mooncakes from my friend. They are by far my favorite ones to date! I guess because they were a little sweet...plus I had never had a chestnut filled one. The most popular ones are egg yolk and red beans and I'm not a fan of either.
One of the best things about holidays is that our local friends have some free time. Our friends traveled down to see us. We now live about 4 hours away from each other, so we don't see each other as often as we would like. I am always glad that we have kept a box full of little kid toys for when we have little ones visit. :)
We put the dogs up because my friend, Hillary, is terrified of dogs....turns out that her son LOVES them :)
This is the pitiful cry Joseph made...not because he was scared, but because he wanted them to bark and they refused. I'm always telling the dogs not to bark, so they are pretty good about it. The only exception is when people knock on the door...so I had someone knock on the door and the dogs barked. Joseph just laughed and laughed.
We took the trolley down to the beach.
This was Joseph's very first beach experience. He loved it!
And I loved spending time with my friend.
Regan (and Hudson) in the background :)
I couldn't decide which I liked better on these next two pictures. Someone in our complex got married, so there were flowers petals covering the sidewalk/entrance to the building.

They will do this to celebrate their new home together...yes, the enter on a red carpet :)
Hudson has finally started playing a little bit on his own. He's found that he likes to create with legos. He doesn't spend hours upon hours doing this, but I will take what I can get. Plus, his big brother enjoys legos still, so it's something that they can create together.
The kids all got some Amazon gift cards this summer. Hudson wanted to get these earphones.
Katherine racked up on sour spray candy (She said if she can have self control that she can make it last until Christmas and maybe Santa will give her more in her stocking) haha!
Lauren bought string to make bracelets.
This is the inside of the pop-up card that Regan made for Katherine's birthday. All of the kids are so creative, but I love watching how they make things for one another. They are always thoughtful in trying to make it how the person receiving the gift would like it and not always how they prefer it.


This was a shirt from Mamaw and Papaw....flowers and plants and bugs and outdoor things make this girl happy :)