Thursday, October 24, 2019

Day Trip

 My good friend needed a travel buddy for the day to go to HK. She didn't want to travel alone, so Jonathan agreed to stay with the kids for the day, so I could go with her. So we were off to catch the early ferry.
 I saw this van on the road and said that I could picture Katherine owning a car like this one day.
 After a morning of waiting in lobbies while she took care of some business matters, we went to find some lunch. There was a restaurant that was selling New York slices of pizza. I've had pizza in NY and this one was bigger than any of those...and the price was not bad at all!
 Come to find out that my friend has not been to HK in 14 years, so we made lots of memories together. We took another ferry (5 minutes) across to the island.
 I love this picture because we were both laughing at something and I don't remember what.
 We met some celebrities. OK, well the wax versions. WE didn't pay to go into the exhibit, but enjoyed the teasers outside.
 I don't know who this is, but she looks so real!
 This is my friend, Al.
 Xiao Jun was freaked out by how real Einstein looked. She kept saying "but he's dead" :)
 I love free exhibits :)


 Overlooking HK
 One of the things I love is the parks in the middle of the city that are not out of the way to where you are going. It makes the commute so nice.
 The nighttime skyline is nice.
 They have started lighting up the old junks. It is always interesting to see the old mixed with new.
 Lauren went to her friend's birthday party. She was turning 11 and had never had a party before. Her parents said since it was double ones then they would celebrate. She had a good time.
 Science experiments about flying animals
Regan demonstrating for her class. She enjoys teaching and helping others so much. :)