Thursday, October 24, 2019

October Holiday

 I love this picture. Regan officially started coaching 4 classes every weekend. This little girl travels about 40 minutes by bus to be in Regan's class because she doesn't speak the language here and they know that Regan can help if there's any communication problems.
 This is Regan's white belt class.
This girl has been fighting a cold (which her little sister now has) but she was trying to work on her science project. It called for a certain chemical, which we didn't have, but we tried to make it from a recipe we looked up online.
She was trying to get "leaf skeletons" but it didn't really work. I think we had too much water in the pot so the chemical reaction wasn't as good. It was a fun experiment anyways.
So, we actually had a second holiday. Most people were off for a week, so we invited Grace's family over to spend the day with us. We had had a great time! We played games, ate pizza, and had good conversations.
Trying to get a selfie :)
I went up with the girls one night to see a friend. I talked while my girls entertained her two little ones :) Phinehas kept saying "ride" to Regan, but was too little to hang on. They were so cute.
Again, another day with friends visiting. The kids went to ride bikes since it was such a beautiful day. I'm glad they are good friends. I forgot that the local kids don't really go outside to play when the sun is out because they might "get dark" My friend let her kids go out and play, but she asked me for sunscreen first.
Winter and Cucumber ;)
My twins were dressed similar :)
Another experiment...let's just say that I am not a fan of cooking /melting actual lard. It does not smell good...but apparently some birds like it. Poor girl hasn't seen any birds come for her food. Disadvantages of city living I suppose.
Yes, your eyes are correct. That is another guinea pig. Meet Lemon (another gift from the same friend) I agreed to let her have a second one when we were researching how to care for a guinea pig. The internet said that they are very social animals and that in some countries it is illegal to buy just one. Cucumber was squeaking so much and so loud. I thought maybe it was lonely. The only problem is how to get them to be friends.
According to the internet, it's best to introduce them in a bathtub where they are on neutral and unfamiliar ground. The "trauma" is supposed to make them like each other instead of fight each other.
SUCCESS....and one relieved parent!
How could I pass up this picture.

Katherine's balcony garden is doing nicely! We may even get some veggies soon :)