Sunday, January 9, 2022

December 2021 - 20 Years

We had invited a family over for dinner one night last month. They were unable to come. I got a text at 4:00 on Friday that said "We can come to dinner tonight or on Monday." Ha! Tonight?! That's a little too last minute for us to prepare a meal, but we did it for Monday.
Jonathan made alfredo and Regan made the garlic twists. She said they wanted to try pasta American style :) Our tutor said it's very risky to feed an Italian pasta...but they liked it!
Rita and Girogia with our family
Rita brought me this cute serving platter for a gift!
And Giorgia gave Lauren this ornament.
They also brought chocolate...
and pandorato cake/bread (they have a few traditional ones at Christmas time. I was excited to try it)
 
Jonathan and I celebrated 20 years of marriage with lunch at Hard Rock! This was my one souvenir ;)
I have never seen this before. The bakery had hollowed out their chocolate bread to look like a cave and made a sugary Nativity scene in each one.
Enjoyed the lights, in the sky and hanging

Ha! We always take a selfie by a Christmas tree on our anniversary if we can find one. This was the only one we could find.
I haven't seen the metro this crowded in. a long time.

I should have bought it just to try, but didn't. I apparently have my own popcorn :)
My anniversary dinner at Hard Rock, BBQ chicken, fries, and broccoli 
This was my appetizer and VERY good. They mixed US style with Italian style food and it worked really well. It was bruschetta bread with casear salad, bacon, and balsamic vinegar grizzled across.

Jonathan's strawberry lemonaid
The curvy street leading to Hard rock
HAPPY 20 years!!!